Spicy Shrimp Pasta
- Shrimp with just the right amount of spice.
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Yield: 6
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp basil leaves
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp Mrs. Dash® Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend
- 8 oz linguine
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
Mix tomatoes, tomato paste, water, sugar, basil, garlic powder, oregano, salt and Mrs. Dash® Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend in large saucepan. Bring to boil on medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta as directed on package, adding shrimp during last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain. Return pasta and shrimp to saucepot.
- Pour tomato sauce over shrimp and pasta. Toss gently to coat well. Serve immediately with shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired.